Saturday, 15 March 2008

Pantagruel - Chi Passa (Live 2006)

Medievial music played on a cittern together with a female and a male singer. I like this a lot.

This description can be found on myspace:
Pantagruel perform one of the most popular songs of the 16th century "Chi passa per sa strada" published by Filippo Azzaiolo in his "Il primo libro de vilotte alla padoana con alcune napolitane" (Bologna 1557). This performance by Pantagruel took place in the wonderfull historical setting of the Live at "Le Castel de l'Académie de Woluwé-St-Lambert", Brussels during an event organised by the Belgium Lute Academy in October 2006.

Pantagruel - Chi Passa (Live 2006)


Here's an Englisch translation of the lyrics:

He who passes this way without sighing is happy, falalila,
O he is happy who can do so, can truly do so.
Come to the window now, or I shall die, falalila.

Come to the window, that I may live, poor wretch.
If heaven cannot comfort you, truly comfort you,
Come to the window now, or I shall die, falalila.

And evening and morn I pass by, Poor wretch.
And you, cruel one, never appear. Why is that so?
Come to the window now, or I shall die, falalila.

No comments: