Tuesday 10 December 2019

Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh and Éamon Doorley - An Sean Duine

Today I tried to tab the accompaniment by Eamon Doorley to a very beautiful song sung by Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh to the song An Sean Duine. I saw Muireann oftentimes live in various pubs in Dingle where I spent my holidays during the last few years. It's always a pleasure to hear her sing or play her flute.

In this video from 2005 she is only accompanied by Eamon Doorley so the arrangement of the bouzouki can be heard very well. As always my tab is not intended to be 100% correct. But it helps a bit to understand how Eamon plays his zouk. The real accompaniment can't be put in tab, because Muireann makes some small pauses sometimes which have to be filled which I had to omit. 




 Just saw that the owner of the video does not allow to post the video on other platforms any more. Here's the direct linkt to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3DD0GcU7Hg


 

Here's my tab:




3 comments:

Eleanor Gardner said...

Can someone tell me what kind of bouzouki Éamon plays, and is it a GDAD tuning? I'm just learning but I love the way he plays.

Irish Bouzouki said...

Hi Eleanor, the bouzouki Eamon plays in this video is made by Dublin Luthier Joe Foley.

Irish Bouzouki said...

And yes, he plays in GDAD.