Sunday 3 October 2021

Ye Vagabonds - Lowlands of Holland

 Ye Vagabonds and their lovely version of the classic Song "Lowlands of Holland". I tried to tab the intro because it is so beautiful. Capo 2nd fret. The bouzouki is stringed in octaves, so it sounds different if your bouzouki is stringed in unisons. 

If you find any mistakes please let me know.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


If you want the whole tab in pdf form just write an email and comment.

 

 {t:Lowlands of Holland}
{st:Ye Vagabonds}
{c:a comment}


The [D]love that I have cho[G]sen I there[D]with be con[Bm]tent
The [D]salt sea shall be fro[G]zen be[D]fore that [A] re[D]pent
Re[D]pent it shall I [G]ne[D]ver un[G]til the [D]day I [Bm]die
But the [G]lowlands of [D]Holl[G]and has [D]twined my [A]love and I[D].

My love lies in the salt sea and I am on the side
enough to break a young thing's heart that lately was a bride.
But lately was a bonny bride and pleasure in her eye.
For the lowlands of Holland has twined my love and I.

My love he built a bonny ship and set her on the sea
With seven score good mariners to bear her company.
But the weary wind began to rise, the sea began to rout
And my love then and his bonny ship turned with the shins about.


There shall nae a quaff come on my head nor comb come through my hair
There shall neither coal nor candlelight shine in my bower mair.
Nor will I marry another one, until the day I die
For the high winds and stormy seas have twined my love and I.

Oh hold your tongue my daughter dear, be still and be content.
There's men enough in Galloway, you need not sore lament.
Oh there's men enough in Galloway, alas there's none for me
For I never had a love but one and he's drownded in the sea.

G
M
T
Y
Die Sound-Funktion ist auf 200 Zeichen begrenzt

No comments: