Tuesday 7 April 2020

Daoiri Farrell - Paddy's Green Shamrock Shore Chords

Another classic. I first heard Daoiri play this song in 2011 at a ceilidh at a workshop weekend in Halle, Germany. I asked him the next day to play it for me. He played it on my bouzouki, made by Heiner Dreizehnter.


 
You'll find lots more tabs for tunes and songs on this blog here:
https://irish-bouzouki.blogspot.com/search/label/Tabs%20for%20GDAD
 
 
{t:Paddy’s Green Shamrock Shore}
Capo 0 oder 7, Dulcimer DAA Capo 1




From [D]Derry [D/A]quay we [D]sailed a[D/A]way on the [C]twenty-[C/B]third of [D]May
We were [G/B]taken on [D]board by a [D/A]pleasant [D]crew, bound for A[D/A]meri[C]kay
Fresh [G/B]water [D]there we did [D/A]take on, five [D]thousand [D/A]gallons or [C]more        
In [D]case we’d run [D/A]short going [D]to New [D/A]York 
far [C]away from the [C/B]shamrock [D]shore. 

Daoiri chords:

So [D]fare thee well, sweet Liza dear and like[C]wise unto [G/B]Derry [D]town
And [G]twice fare[Am]well to my [D]comrade boys that [Am]dwell on that [G]sainted [Am]ground
If [G]fortune or [Am]fame shall [D]favor me, and [Am]I to have [G]money in [C]store
I’ll go [D]back and I’ll wed the wee lassie I left on [C]Paddy’s green [G]shamrock [D]shore. 


Oh at [D]six o'clock on that [D]morning fair our [C]anchors [G/B]we did [D]weigh,
The [G]sun shone [Am]down on Ben[D]evassa’s rocks, how [Am]splendid [G]he did [C]play,
And green [G]castles, [Am]ancient [D]fort and church, oh it [Am]made my [G]heart so [C]sore,
But these [D]memorys still I will hold very dear when I‘m a[C]way from the [G]Shamrock [D]Shore.


And then at [D]12 o'clock on that [D]evening fair we [C]passed out [G/B]Malin [D]Head,
And then [G]Inishtra[Am]hull far [D]on to the right, it [Am]rose of the [G]ocean [C]bed.
But a [G]grander [Am]sight we [D]all did see there, that I [Am]never had [G]seen be[C]fore
It was the [D]sun going down between sea and sky, far [C]out from the [G]Shamrock [D]Shore.


We sailed three weeks, we were all seasick, not a man on board was free
We were all confined unto our bunks and no-one to pity poor me.
No father dear nor mother kind to lift up my head, which was sore
Which made me think more on the lassie I left on Paddy’s green shamrock shore. 


We safely reached the other side after fifteen and twenty days,
We were taken as passengers by a man and led round in six different ways,
Then each of us drank a parting glass, in case we might meet no more
And we drank a health to old Ireland and Paddy’s green shamrock shore.  

No comments: