Monday 4 July 2011

Ale Carr - Solo Cittern

Just discovered this video. What a player. What a groove. What a joy to listen to this music and to see this man play. He is 19!

Here you can visit his myspace site:
http://www.myspace.com/alecarr
and here, too:
http://www.myspace.com/alecarrsolo



Here are two more videos of Ale och Elna, who were former winners at Swedens largest music competition for youngsters.
The first tune, "Lieman (... och Lärkan)" is originally a tune called "Ängstunden" composed by Bill McChesney. The second tune "Jigen" is composed by Ale Carr.



Another Tune called "Ales Engelska"


And here's something really special:
Dreamers Circus - Mozart

2 comments:

Ale Carr said...

Well, I'm not 19 anymore - that was my age when I played with my sister on those old videos you found. Right now I'm 22!

See more of my band Dreamers Circus at their homepage, www.dreamerscircus.com. There's some more cittern music for you :-)

Thank you for sharing my music!
Take Care,
Ale

Unknown said...

It's absolutely magnificent. I'm currently working my way through the 'Vikings' TV series, whilst drinking mead. Talk about stereotypes. ;)
1)-Do you have a solo cittern CD, because I'll definitely buy it!
2)-What is that tune called, and can you give me the sheet music? I predominantly play by ear, but I can't work it out.