Tuesday 30 June 2020

The Storms Are On The Ocean

A lovely song I first heard from the group Bohola. The Carter Family made it popular, I think. I play nearly the same arrangement as Pat Broaders does on the self titled CD. Sorry for the mistakes. Also I forgot the 3rd verse and sang it as last verse.;-) Shit happens.

Some information about the song is to be found here:
http://www.lizlyle.lofgrens.org/RmOlSngs/RTOS-StormsOcean.html

You'll find lots more tabs for tunes and songs on this blog here:
https://irish-bouzouki.blogspot.com/search/label/Tabs%20for%20GDAD



Here is my chord sheet for the song (Capo 7)

{t:The Storms are on the Ocean}
Capo 7


I'm [D]going a [G]way to [D]leave you, love
I'm going a [A]way for a [D]while
But I'll re [G]turn to [D]you sometime
If I go ten [A]thousand [D]miles

{soc}
The [G]storms are on the [D]ocean
And the [Bm]heavens may [A]cease to [D]be
This [G]world may lose its [D]motion, [Bm]love
If [D]I prove [A]false to [D]thee
{eoc}

Oh [D]who will [G]dress your [D]pretty little feet
And who will [A]glove your [D]hands
And who will [G]kiss your [D]rosy cheek
When I'm in a [A]faraway [D]land

Oh [D]Poppa will [G]dress my [D]pretty little feet
And Momma will [A]glove my [D]hand [G] 
And [D]you will [G]kiss my [D]rosy cheek
When you re [A]turn a [D]gain

Oh [D]have you [G]seen those [D]mournful doves
Flying from [A]pine to [D]pine [G] 
[D]Mourning [G]for their [D]own true love
Just like I [A]mourn for [D]mine

{soc}
The [G]storms are on the [D]ocean
And the [Bm]heavens may [A]cease to [D]be
This [G]world may lose its [D]motion, [Bm]love
If [D]I prove [A]false to [Bm]thee [G] 
If [D]I prove [A]false to [D]thee [G]  [D] 
{eoc}

No comments: