Wednesday 9 September 2020

Accompanying in A: Matt & Shannon Heaton - Haunted House

At the last Slow Session Matt and Shannon played the warmup jig first in G and then in A.  It's a nice idea to change the key during a tune. Works very well for the Haunted House. 

 So far I avoided playing in A. I always used the capo on 2nd fret and played G-shapes. So I found it very interesting how Matt manages playing in A.

Here's the video: Jig starts at 2:45, Jig in A starts at 4:54.

Btw. if you like what they are doing or if you like my tabs please consider to donate any amount you like to the Heatons virtual tip jar:      PayPal button -- https://tinyurl.com/wqofe4b


 


This is the tab I made for the first round through the tune: Hope it is nearly correct. If you find any mistakes please let me know.











In the last bars of the tune (2nd round through) Matt uses a nice chord progression:

A, Bm, F#m, D, E, A

A: 2240

Bm: 4450

F#m: 6670

D: 7790

E: 99110

A: 2202







No comments: