Monday 6 April 2020

Daoiri Farrell - Bogie's Bonnie Belle Chords

Another song of Daoiri's repertoire. Don't know if it is exactly what he plays. It's the way I tend to play it.




{t:Bogies Bonny Belle}
Capo 3 oder 7!







[G]As I went [C]in by [Am]Huntleigh [D]town,
One [G]evening [Am]for to[G] see,
I [Am]met with Bogey O’ [D]Cair[C]nee,
And with[C] {soh}him{eoh} I [Am]did a[D]gree.

To [G]care for his [C]two best [Am]hor[D]ses,
Or [G]cart or [Am]harrow or [G]plough,
Or [Am]anything a[D]bout farm [C]work,
That I [C]very [Am]well should [D]know.

Old [G]Bogey [C]had a [Am]daugh[D]ter,
Her [G]name was [Am]Iso[G]bel,
She’s the [Am]lily of the [D]val[C]ley,
And the [C]primrose [Am]of the [D]dell.

And [G]when she [C]went out [Am]wa[D]lking,
She [G]took me [Am]for her [G]guide,
Down [Am]by the Burn O’[D]Cair[C]nee,
To [C]watch the [Am]small fish [D]glide.

And [G]when three [C]months was [Am]past and [D]gone,
This [G]girl she [Am]lost her [G]bloom.
The [Am]red fell from her [D]rosy [C]cheeks,
And her [C]eyes be[Am]gan to [D]swoon.

And [Bm]{soh}when{eoh} nine months were [Am]past and gone,
She [G]bore to me a [Bm]son.
And [Am]I was quickly [D]sent [C]for,
To [C]see what [Am]could be [D]done.

I [G]said that [C]I would [Am]marry [D]her,
but [G]no, that [Am]would not [G]do
For [Am]you're not a match for my [D]bonnie [C]girl,
And [C]she’s no [Am]match for [D]you.

Now she’s [G]married [C]to a [Am]tinker [D]lad,
That [G]comes from [Am]Huntleigh [G]town.
He sells [Am]pots and pans and [D]paraffin [C]lamps,
And [C]scours the [Am]country [D]round.

[G]Maybe she's [C]gotten a [Am]better [D]match
Old [G]Bogie [Am]cannot [G]tell
But [Am]I was first to [D]win the [C]heart 
of [C]Bogie's [Am]bonnie [D]Belle.

No comments: